We believe that the designs of the curricula, teaching pedagogies and assessment systems are crucial for a school in achieving educational goals, while their implementations reflect the school’s priorities and capabilities in striking a balance in its mission, teachers’ professionalism, as well as students’ learning.
The curriculum of Wa Ying aims to foster students’ balanced development in three dimensions: knowledge, thinking skills and positive attitude; so as to cultivate their passion for knowledge acquisition, develop their ability to differentiate truths and ignite their pursuit for goals and dreams. The design of the curricula is to facilitate whole-person development, fostering students’ maturity in both cognitive and affective development.
1. Facilitate students' adaptation to EMI learning in secondary education
2. Develop students' capability in self-learning and language competence
3. Facilitate students to develop effective learning habits
4. Foster a positive learning atmosphere with teachers' passion igniting students' quest for knowledge
5. Encourage students to pursue their interests with curiosity, develop their potentials with creativity, and serve the others with compassion
6. Cultivate a bond among students, teachers and alumni with similar interests and related expertise
1. Facilitate students in the choice of elective studies based on understanding of the curriculum, assessment criteria and their personal pursuit
2. Enhance students' examination skills and offer guidance on further studies
3. Encourage students in self-discovery and self-actualization
4. Encourage students to serve with their interests and strengths